Emphasizing resilience and renewal, the Metropolis of Chicago releases 2021 “Annual Impact Report”
LOMBARD, IL, May 10, 2022 – The Greek Orthodox Metropolis today announced the publication of its 2021 Annual Impact Report, “Bearing Fruit for Generations to Come.”
The new report provides an update on the state of the Metropolis’ finances, operations, ministries, programs, and progress toward its long-term vision. The report also provides data for 2021 relative to the sacramental health of the Metropolis of Chicago. Launched in 2020, the initiative seeks to raise awareness about the current state of the Metropolis and the long-term trends of the rites central to Orthodox Christianity in the Midwest (e.g., baptisms, marriages, funerals, etc.).
“We are truly blessed not only to have bounced back from the pandemic, but also to be in a position of stability to grow the Church. We are grateful beyond words to our lay leaders, clergy, and volunteers, without whom our achievements would not be possible,” said Vicki Karl, Executive Director.
Among other data and information, the Annual Impact Report summarizes the following highlights of 2021:
- The Metropolis’ strong financial results for 2021 and the clean audit reports of its 2019 and 2020 financial statement
- The new Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago Foundation
- The philanthropic aid and community support provided by the Metropolis and its parishes in 20201
- The Patriarch’s historic visit to the Metropolis and the successful Clergy-Laity Assembly held in St. Louis, Missouri
- The bestowals of the 2020 Bronze Cross Servant Leadership Awards
- The creation of a new Metropolis ministry—the Mustard Seed Fund—a micro-grant program designed to support parish ministries
- The first Strategic Plan Groups to advance to the program implementation phase
“The publication of our Annual Impact Report reminds us to offer glory to God for His blessings and to praise and learn from the examples of our lay and clergy leaders whose contributions are invaluable to the Metropolis,” His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael said. “I encourage our faithful to read the Annual Impact Report and to prayerfully consider how they can help us have greater transformative impact on our churches, communities, and world.”